How to Apply
The next class begins on January, 10th 2021. Enrollment will start on August 2020. To join our Academy, first make sure you meet the basic Eligibility Requirements:
* You must Volunteer for the program
* 16-18 years old (must be 16 by the first day and cannot turn 19 before the start of the program)
* Legal resident of the United States and of California, DACA is accepted.
* Students at-risk of dropping out of high school or credit deficient
* Students free from free of felony charges and no pending court proceedings
- If you live in Central California, please contact our sister academy the Grizzly Youth Academy.
- If you live in Southern California, please contact our other sister academy the Sunburst Youth Academy.
Now that you have cleared the basics of eligibility and where you live, here is the three-step process in order to apply to Discovery ChalleNGe Academy.
WHAT IS DISCOVERY AND WHAT CAN IT DO FOR YOU?
Remember, you are applying for to attend an Academy that is free but has an estimated cost of $22,000 per cadet to the State of California and the Department of Defense. Dress appropriately.
Once you have completed the above steps, the "acceptance process" begins. The Academy will review all applications and then contact each applicant on whether they have been accepted or not. The acceptance call or denial letter will be done shortly before the next class begins.
***Applying to Discovery is FREE. If you need assistance in filling out any of the application forms our staff is readily available to provide assistance!***